Before the next weekend starts, I want to recap highlights from last weekend!
• Auditioned at San Jose Repertory Theatre
• Carpooled with @squaremarden family to San Luis Obispo
• Received our 48hr Film Project criteria and collected and assembled ideas until Saturday morning, 5am
• 8a, up and at em. Shower, breakfast and off to the first shot of the day in downtown San Luis Obispo
• 11a, socks are soaking wet but first few shots are in the bag
• 2p, still shooting, purchased umbrellas for cast & crew
• 4p, arrive at Pismo Beach, still drenched–crew morale: soaked in optimism
• 6p, wrapping up final shots, shooting took a break on account of torrential downpour followed by a surprise pelting from HAIL (wtf, lol)
• 7p, shower then cuddling under a blanket watching dunk contest while cast and crew take naps
• 9p, FIRESTONE –delicious and scrumptious meal. Andrew starts editing soon after
• 5a, I vividly remember waking up to Jeremy behind his piano, scoring. That made me smile. What a trooper
• 10a, cast and crew stir-to-wake, I’m eating left overs from Saturday’s IHOP breakfast
• 5p, Leejay, Geoff and I shoot the credit sequence of the film while brainstorming for a title
• 7p, rendering…hiccups and rendering
• 9p, our hosts prepare an amazing BBQ feast –WE CELEBRATE!
• 10p, music is bumping, drinks all around, still feasting. –We screen our short and there’s applause all around. We had a great time and experience and that, for me, was worth everything
• AVTing in the noon time. Nothing else we did that day mattered. We ATV’d on the sandy dunes of Pismo Beach. Amazing.
For photos, please visit http://tasialabastro.tumblr.com/post/3511138154/the-weekend-in-digest-02-19-2011
I applaud my friends for their efforts and zest this past weekend.