Just when I thought April came and went without a peep, May seemed to whiz by with even more turbo. Only after reviewing the photos I’ve taken during the month did I realize why that was. It was choke full of activities both on the work front, and in the various passionate endeavors I engaged in after “clocking out”.
1) We applied tarp to our rehearsal space for Jack Rabbit by Peter Hsieh (SJREAL). This is a shot of Eva, played by Hannah Rose, after she’s been beaten to a pulp by a Vampire Hunter. Don’t worry, we had a fight choreographer on site and no one was hurt…for the most part. 2) The San Jose Repertory Theatre had a production of Christopher Marlowe’s The Tragical History of Doctor Faustus, and part of the production were shadow puppets. Gina Marie Hayes was in charge of those devious creations. If you remember, Gina also directed me The Lookout. She’s great people. 3) As part of her final class assignment before finally graduating from High School, Alicia Piemme Nelson, had to create some kind of performance demonstration. Her mom, my friend, mentor, and supervisor, was on site as her “Mamager”. Alicia performed ASL interpretation for Michael Buble’s Beautiful (watch it below)! 4) and 5) Are public captures. Moments that I absolutely gravitate towards- people interacting. Formulate your own story with those images and share them in the comment section below! And finally 6) I was fortunate enough to be invited to shoot the promotional show photos for the World Premiere of Michael Mitnick’s Spacebar: A Broadway Play by Kyle Sugarman at City Lights Theater Company.
Good times, good times.
- The iPhone: The Future of Photography (marketmeasuresaustralia.wordpress.com)
- REVIEW- The Tragical History of Doctor Faustus – San Jose Repertory Theatre (artsalot.wordpress.com)
- ‘Faustus’ review: inventive take on Marlowe play (sfgate.com)
- 2013 Michael Buble Tickets: Michael Buble Adds Additional Tour Dates, Tickets Now Available at TicketProcess.com (prweb.com)